Wednesday 27 July 2011

WORK UPDATE JULY 2011

Hi all.  Just thought I would let you have a look at some of the things I have been working on recently.  The glassware, Moody Mare mugs and wedding themed greetings cards will be shortly winging their respective way to a lovely little shop called Studio61 Gallery Boutique in Derbyshire(http://www.karinagoodman.com/)  Please do have a look at this lovely little shop full of British handmade, hand crafted items.  Karina is also a gem :O)

This image shows work in pen and pencil, "Wedding Group1".  Scanned and reduced down this will now be added to my ever growing range of wedding themed greetings cards which are proving to be very popular indeed.  Each image is embellished with a bit of glitter (love the stuff), framed on black and white check card before being placed onto a DL size greetings card.  I prefer this method rather than printing directly onto the greetings card itself as I have had various issues with print quality.  Not being mass produced as such I really like working on them for a change.  This particular image has been rattling around in my head for months so it was nice to get my idea down on paper.




Two large vases painted in neutral white/cream.  The one on the lhs is glass paint, very fine, with several layers whilst the one on the rhs is ceramic paint which is thicker to work with.  Both based on a dogrose design.




On another note, one of my pieces has been used for a book photo shoot by the very lovely  Lyndsey James (http://www.lyndsey-james.co.uk/)  and I proudly load the picture below (copyright lyndseyjames).  Please do take a look at Lyndsey's lovely photographs on her website and the book would be most helpful to those artists and craftworker wishing to photograph their products for max effect.  I know I shall be obtaining it and will look forward to attending one of her courses soon to learn how to approach the difficult issue of photographing my glassware.




Inspired by this photograph and setting I had a go myself, a couple of the more successful photos are below!

It was a lovely day, just right for having a drink of red wine outside on the patio in one of my red wine glasses (well that was the theory for the shot).  Not too bad though I feel that the wine glasses are a tad out of focus.








A couple of my Moody Mare mugs shot outdoors.  I felt that the natural light really help as I normally have issues with the camera flash bouncing back from the artwork.  My other attempt was not too successful as the bright sunlight literally flashed out the mug  positioned on the gate - will have to have another attempt but now have lots of ideas for "product placement".  Thanks for your kind help Lyndsey, appreciated.



To end on rather a sad note, I lost one of my many pets over the weekend.   PepsiMax was a rip olde age for a duck being 10 plus in years.  Expected but always a sad occassion.  He is the bigger Aylesbury duck on the rhs of the picture below.  His friend now has some other ducks to keep him company and I will post a picture of them soon.  I now find that I spend many a coffee break sat in the duck pen watching them interact, hours of fun and amusement!

I hope you have enjoyed reading this rather long blog!  If you wish to discuss anything please do drop me an email  tk.spall@virgin.net

Cheers  Kathy xx  kfsoriginals

Follow me on Twitter  @kfsoriginals

No comments:

Post a Comment